• Vent Cover


    Since lowering the bathtub, the original vent cover isn’t long enough so I decided to make a new one out of the left over fiberglass I have.   I made the form out of birch plywood, applied a mold release, two coats of gel-coat and laid up two layers of fiberglass mat leaving the excess hanging over the edges.

    Trimmed the excess off with my table saw and miter box.

    I had to tear apart the form to release the part from the mold. Oh well, I didn’t need it anymore.

    The new cover next to the old plastic one.  All that’s left is to cut it to length and fit it to the curved ceiling.

  • Painting


    Now that all the old paint was stripped, I sanded the vinyl with 150 grit sandpaper to give the surface some tooth and set up my airless with Sherwin Williams (SW) extreme primer and shot a light coat.  Next I sprayed a coat of  SW  latex in their tan color which is a little lighter that the original paint.  That really brightened up the inside!

  • Stripping


    Since the rolled on paint filled up the texture of the vinyl wall covering in spots I decided to strip all the paint off.  I used the more Eco-friendly orange stripper.

    It worked well giving it a couple of hours to soften the paint and I didn’t have to wear a respirator even in the enclosed trailer.

    Even after stripping, the surface varied widely in color.

  • Interior Paint


    Two owners ago they decided it would be smart to take a roller and forest green & black paint and redecorate the inside of the trailer….seemed a little dark to me.