Next is tearing out the carpet in the living room and kitchen, tearing out the tack strips around the perimeter and pulling out the padding and all the staples holding it down. The plywood floor looks good in here except for some slight surface rot at the entry door.

There are a couple of holes in the plywood with ¼” screen stapled over, under the refer space, I assume is for venting and one in the family room. Not sure what that’s about yet. I cut the carpet along the bed frame in the bedroom and took it out along with the carpet in the bathroom which was loose.

We will not be able to use the mattress in the trailer so I put in in a bag so it can be stored. The frame under the bed is not original and will be replaced with a “Goucho” (a bench that slides out to a bed) like the one that came with the trailer.

Leave a Reply